METHUEN – Chief Joseph Solomon reports that the Methuen Police Department responded to a shooting last night, and a stabbing early this morning, resulting in two arrests so far.
Methuen Police have applied for arrest warrants for HENRY INFANTE, AGE 42, OF LAWRENCE on the following charges:
- Assault to Murder
- Assault with a dangerous weapon
- Possession of a Firearm Without a License
- Discharging a Firearm Within 500 Feet of a Dwelling
- Illegal Possession of Ammunition
YOLANDA HERNANDEZ, AGE 41, OF LAWRENCE was arrested and charged with Assault and Battery and Accessory After the Fact.
On Monday, Jan. 7, at 10:55 p.m. officers were dispatched to, McDonald’s, 170 Haverhill St. for a report of multiple shots fired, with one male victim having been shot multiple times.
Upon arrival, officers located the victim, who was conscious and alert on the floor inside the McDonald’s, and immediately began providing aid. Officers continued to assist the man until Methuen firefighters arrived and subsequently transported the man to an area hospital with injuries that are not believed to be life threatening.
Through an on-scene investigation, officers learned that the victim had arranged to meet up with an individual, later identified as INFANTE, through the app Offer Up to sell a pair of car doors. Officers also learned that INFANTE arrived at the scene with multiple other individuals, including HERNANDEZ, where they met with the victim and a group that had accompanied the male victim to the meeting.
After further investigation, officers determined that a disagreement over the doors resulted in INFANTE allegedly pulling a gun from his waistband and subsequently firing three shots at the victim. During the incident, HERNANDEZ allegedly assaulted a female who had accompanied the male victim to the scene.
INFANTE and HERNANDEZ fled the scene following the altercation and shooting. HERNANDEZ was located and taken into custody this morning, and police are still seeking INFANTE.
HERNANDEZ was arraigned today in Lawrence District Court. She was held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing, which was scheduled for Friday, Jan. 11, at 10 a.m. in Lawrence District Court.
Following the shooting, at 12:50 a.m. today, Methuen Police were dispatched to 91 Broadway for a report of a fight. Upon arrival, officers initiated an on-scene investigation and learned that a male victim was attacked by a group of four or five men. The victim was treated on scene for minor injuries.
A short time later, officers responded to Holy Family Hospital for a report that two individuals allegedly involved in the incident at 91 Broadway had arrived seeking treatment. At the hospital, officers spoke with the two men who had both been stabbed in their faces.
Both men were uncooperative with investigating officers.
DIONVILES MEJIA, AGE 18, OF LAWRENCE charged at a Detective conducting further investigation and assaulted him. In doing so, he caused a minor injury to a detective’s hand and was taken into custody.
MEJIA was arrested and charged with Disorderly Conduct and Assault and Battery on a Police Officer.
The incident at 91 Broadway also remains under investigation. Both men’s injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
“These were two violent and potentially deadly incidents, and I’m proud of the work our officers did to quickly respond and conduct efficient investigations into both of these cases,” Chief Solomon said. Solomon thanked the Lawrence Police and the Massachusetts State Police for providing the needed mutual aid on both of these calls.
“This type of violence is unacceptable in our city,” Mayor James Jajuga said. “I’m thankful that those responsible have been identified and will be held accountable for their actions.”
MEJIA is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday, Jan. 9, in Lawrence District Court.
These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.